Saturday, November 13, 2010

Roller Skating Night








We had our last soccer games today for the season. Nobody scored, but they played hard and got some good exercise. Michael treated us to pizza for lunch afterwards! Tonight, our local homeschool organization had a roller skating night at the roller rink. The kids had so much fun--lots of falling down by the younger three, but Faith was really starting to get the hang of it pretty quickly. Brian skated on the carpet most of the evening with Hannah, but eventually got out on the floor. He had so much fun that he wanted to do it for his next date night! Christian was quite a natural.

I know Christian is in his underwear for the reading picture, but I thought it was so cute I had to share, anyhow. Our friends that we originally met in New York sent us a beautiful book about a mom and her adopted daughter from China. I read it to all the kids last night and had a hard time fighting back tears in some parts! There's a part about thanking her Chinese family for the beautiful gift she is--you can't imagine how thankful I am for my Hannah bear. It makes me cry to think of her birth mother and all of the pain and grief she must've gone through to give Hannah up. I hope she would be honored and content to see how Hannah's loved. Hannah's taught me so much about love, unbridled joy, patience, and perseverance. We've noticed some small breakthroughs in the past week or two with her speech and understanding. I think the Sesame Street movies are starting to pay off, as well as the hard work on speech therapy. We continue to pray for her every night and we pray for wisdom as parents.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such sweet pictures and thoughts! Christian and Faith got some extra practice this summer with Isaac. I think we were at the skating rink three hours and yes, they skated the whole time. Yea, Hannah, congratulations on your hard work...Mom/Gammy

9:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You haven't posted the picture Michael took of Mark and Denise. Mom

7:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home