Summer 2010










I suppose it's been quite awhile since I've posted. I blame that on Hannah desiring to see every specialist in San Antonio! :) I ran into her continuity of care doctor on Monday while we were in the hospital and she assured me that we would, quickly, run out of specialists to see. Whew!
So, we went to see a developmental pediatrician (waste of time, in my opinion), a geneticist (great visit -- tests being ordered to see if we can get a handle on what might be underlying the different problems Hannah's having), the speech therapist, two different audiologists (one to assess that she still has hearing loss after her ear tube placement and one to fit her for her hearing aids), the Ear Nose Throat doctor (previous CT scans of her head are normal--Thank you, God! The particular problem he was looking for would've indicated a progressive hearing loss, so we're thankful she's good there), and the dentist (good check-up). In addition, Christian got a new appliance on his teeth and is looking forward to braces following soon. I do really appreciate the great medical care we get here in San Antonio, I'm just wanting to not see so much of them in the future.
I posted a few pictures of random things. We spent a day exploring downtown San Antonio recently. I took Faith to Tower of the Americas for her date date (not knowing she had a severe ear infection--this can be a bit painful when you're going up an elevator that tall) and then we walked around and found a cool wooden playground. We met up and visited with a Vietnamese family with some adorable little girls. What we thought was interesting was that Hannah was really drawn to the little girls and said, "like me." This was the first instance that we've seen her recognize that she looks different than us. Later, at an art museum, she pointed out a darker skinned person in a painting (Hispanic, not Chinese), and again said, "Like Hannah." We thought it was pretty cool!
We've been getting back into a rhythm with school work and it's going well. Brian and Hannah are having fun doing their stuff together. It's sweet to see them sitting next to each other on the floor listening to a story or coloring or whatever. Definitely puts a smile on my face and warm fuzzies in my heart (which I need plenty of after one of Hannah's crazy fits! :)).
Love you!
Nancy

2 Comments:
I enjoyed sharing some of the summer with you all too. Love to see pictures of all my children and especially my five beautiful grandchildren. Mom
5:55 PM
Love the pictures, especially glad to see Hannah with the uke.
6:07 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home