Defensive Driving
In my seemingly never ending defensive driving course, I came across this reminder about kids in cars. I am sometimes tempted, but I didn't know it was actually a law. This isn't meant to indict anyone, I just think it's something we don't think about very often, so I wanted to share.
"A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly: Leaves a child in a motor vehicle for longer than five minutes, knows that the child is (1) younger than seven years of age and (2) not attended by an individual in the vehicle who is 14 years of age or older.
An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor. If the child is injured the charge is then child endangerment which is a felony. The penalties are six months to two years in jail and a fine up to $10,000."

1 Comments:
no protests will be heard from now on Mom
8:37 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home