Book recommendations
We've had a couple weeks now where we haven't had "school" books to read. The kids are between curriculum years as far as reading goes (we're still plugging on with the written subjects, much to their delight :)). Michael found a few books from the library that we've been reading as a family and have thoroughly enjoyed! I highly recommend Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh by Robert C. O'Brien and Holes by Louis Sachar. We think Mark and Isaac read Holes, but now we can't remember for sure where we got the recommendation. It was a good one, whoever gave it to us. We've just started Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories. It's not pulling me in the way the other two did, but I've learned to get pretty far into a book before I make a judgement.
We did recently buy a new laptop. I had found some on a sale (about $180 off the regular price and what I also saw it selling for elsewhere on the internet). Mark gave me some guidance, thank goodness, because I really am clueless. We bought the one he thought would be good and a wireless router. Hopefully we can figure it all out and get it set up this week. We had found that the kids were doing so much of their schoolwork on the computer that it made sense to go ahead and have two computers in the house. Faith begins math with instruction on the computer this year (Christian has been doing this for a couple years), they both have typing, Spanish, a Latin DVD, World Book encyclopedia reading, and internet research for writing. With all of this, I have to fight to even be able to check my email. Speaking of, I have kids looking over my shoulder ready to kick me off!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home