Buddhist temple




















This Buddhist temple and historic sight is in Hangzhou, China, the capital city of the province Hannah's from. We were able to see this the day we left the town, after miraculously obtaining her passport in only a couple of hours. There are over 300 stone carvings, dating back to 900AD (if my memory serves me correct).
In Guangzhou, China (about a 2 hour flight from Hangzhou), where the US Consulate is, our hotel was right outside the Chinese medicine outdoor wholesale market. Check out the awesome things that are mixed to make different medicinal teas! I just couldn't help but thinking, "what if one of those scorpions crawls out of that little red bowl!" It just didn't seem like that crazy of a possibility. And, we caught the centipedes drying on the sidewalks one morning. I can not tell you how glad I was that they were drying and not crawling!! My experience from having them in the house in Hawaii is that they really don't react much to a near full bottle of Raid. They just don't die that easily, and something about the thought of chopping one up just kind of grossed me out a little--although it might have been made easier by the fact that I was kind of fuzzy-headed from all of the Raid fumes!
I did find this interesting website that tells about Chinese eating some of these interesting creatures. http://www.thebeijingguide.com/food/exotic.html You really should check this out!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home