My favorites
08+054.jpg)
08+055.jpg)
08+059.jpg)
08+061.jpg)
08+067.jpg)
08+036.jpg)
08+037.jpg)
08+049.jpg)
08+040.jpg)
08+051.jpg)
08+016.jpg)
08+019.jpg)
08+026.jpg)
08+030.jpg)
08+032.jpg)
08+005.jpg)
08+009.jpg)
08+012.jpg)
08+013.jpg)
08+014.jpg)
I was getting on the computer tonight to download a couple of my favorite pictures from the last few weeks home. HA! A couple!! I should've known myself better.
Gregg, Karen, Alex, and Regina came to visit us for a few hours this week and we played trains, introduced them to the trampoline (Christian is figuring out a front handspring now), and had dinner with them. The folks at McAlister's were amazed that we had 10 people in our party that wanted to actually sit together--doesn't seem like that many to me, especially when 6 of them are in our immediate family! I still owe pictures from that visit.
The older ones started our corn and beans growing experiment this past week, so I included a picture of the homemade balance / scale and bean pole planter they made to begin the experiment. I was dreading the start of the experiment, to be honest, because it takes so long, but have in reality been enjoying it. Brian's even getting up on the stool getting excited about everything. We put our corn and beans in on Friday, so we'll let you know how it goes. Not sure I'll actually be able to make any soup from this, but it'll be fun.
You guys wouldn't even recognize little Hannah--she's growing and filling out and expressing her personality so much now. Her cheeks are getting big and she laughs a lot, especially when Daddy puts her upside down. She's certainly more comfortable in the house now. Found her today in the kids' bathroom. She discovered the toilet and the toilet paper and made some sort of art project in the toilet and on the floor with the wet paper (made even more fun by the fact that one of the boys forgot to flush the toilet just before this). Doorbell rang with her in the bath, my hands unwashed as of yet. The neighbor wanted to have a long conversation. Medically, we have an appointment with Ear, Nose, and Throat, a speech therapist, a pediatrician, and the plastic surgeon on the 18th of September. That should be a fun day. Her surgery to close the palate is tentatively scheduled for the 22nd. Michael's hoping to take some vacation time that week to help out.
We're getting excited about soccer season --M's coaching Christian's team and N's coaching Faith's team. I've been reading several books to re-familiarize myself with the rules of the game. Thankfully, it doesn't take rocket science to figure it out!
We started two great new verses this week that we're all trying to practice in our daily lives. Proverbs 16:18 "Pride goes before destruction; a haughty spirit before a fall." and 2 Tim 2:22-26 "Flee from the evil desires of youth, pursue righteousness, faith, peace, and love..." We're memorizing the rest of the passage, which is awesome, over the next couple weeks. God is so faithful to show me what HIS wisdom is when I beg Him for it. His mercies are new every day. I'm so thankful for His perfect love. Every single day I'm praying for the Holy Spirit to infuse every cell of my body and help me love the people right here around me like that. I have to say, as well, that I thank God every day for my husband. I look at him, in awe of the gift I've been given. My heart wells up just watching him go about his day, loving me, loving the kids, loving God...

2 Comments:
Look at those little cheeks on Hannah. Guess Christian, Faith, and Brian have loved her into forgetting about not getting congee. I love all of the pictures of the kids and Mark looks like the pied piper of little boys by the lake. Thanks for taking to take the pictures and taking the time to post them so we can enjoy the memories. Love, Mom H
3:52 AM
Fantastic pictures of smiling family. Never under estimate the simple pleasures of skipping rocks at the lake.
5:34 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home