Just some random fun
08+001.jpg)
08+002.jpg)
08+003.jpg)
08+005.jpg)
08+006.jpg)
We're getting close to leaving now for China to go get our girl! Just a week and a day left before we get on the plane. In the meantime, I thought I'd go ahead and post the pictures I'd taken in the last week or so of random things we've been doing here at home.
The kids got out the lincoln logs and played for a couple of hours together--no squabbles, just fun!! That's pretty amazing! Reminder to self--must get more lincoln logs so that there's enough for four kids! :) I put a picture on here of our radish science experiment. We started this with the little radish seeds in our kitchen, and then planted the little plants in front of our house. It's really grown, although I have no idea when to pull it and maybe see the actual radish. Any suggestions?
I also put a picture of Brian's miniature rose bush because it's blooming so beautifully. This is one of the miniature rose bushes Michael sent us while he was deployed. This particular one was for Brian's birthday--it was tiny then, just a couple of blooms. We never cease to be amazed at watching God's creation growing. Brian runs out to look at it every day. I imagine it will be fun to have a garden someday.
The last picture is this past Sunday. Christian picked out his outfit for church, complete with collared shirt, tie, and belt. He even put mousse in his hair! I thought he looked so handsome I just wanted to share it with you guys.
We still have a few things to accomplish before leaving. I need to get a few additional small gifts for folks who will help facilitate our adoption in China. I got a bunch of Bath and Body Works lotions and bath soaps, but those will only be appropriate for the females. I'm trying to think of something small that would be nice for the men--maybe something local. Any ideas? I thought of the candies that we always get in our stockings, but forgot to get them when we were in town visiting Mom and Grandma. I'd love help with ideas if you have any.

1 Comments:
Great to see more writing on your posts. Very exciting times.
Here's a site for gifts to Chinese business men. Seems like the most practical are sports caps and shirts.
Here's when to harvest radishes. Looks like 25 days. Google makes you smart.
7:47 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home